• Prepare for presentations, interviews, auditions, public speaking and reduce stage fright
• Boost your confidence and reduce stress levels during competitions and performances
• Manage anticipatory anxiety
• Increase your stress management skills and to regulate your emotions
• Improve inconsistent performance
• Boost confidence about yourself and your abilities
• Accept and adapt to difficult organizational changes
One of the most interesting and innovative uses of EMDR therapy has been in performance enhancement by decreasing fear, stress and anxiety related to performance. EMDR therapy helps the brain to think in a healthier, more adaptive way by removing blocks (such as negative self-beliefs) and helping the person to tap into his or her inner strengths.
EMDR therapy acts directly on the nervous system by clearing the blocks and obstacles that prevent you from being your best as it removes traces of difficult earlier life situations or traumatic experiences. EMDR therapy can enhance physiological sensations and install visualizations of success in a variety of life situations.
In addition, EMDR for Performance Enhancement can reduce anticipatory or performance anxiety, fear of failure, procrastination, setbacks and improve life transitions and boost confidence. The person can then accomplish a task successfully without being influenced by past negative events, beliefs, or physiological responses.